I’ve been asked by a few people to do a post about my favorite products, so here are my Top Five products that I absolutely can not live without.
Top 5 Hair Products
1. Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair. This little leave-in conditioner is AMAZING. It’s also a heat protectant so great for blow dries and using hot tools! This product has Quinoa proteins in it and repairs damaged hair up to 26% with each use! This saved my LIFE last year when all my hair broke off.. *insert sad emoji here* It truly helped to repair my hair and I don’t think I will never NOT use it. It can be found HERE, or at your local Aveda Salon.
2. Aveda Brilliant Damage Control. This is THE BEST for detangling and a great foundation for basic styles. When I worked for an Aveda Salon, my clients know that this was my absolutely f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e product. I used this in every clients hair! Damage Control is a heat protectant and paired with Daily Hair Repair- It is to die for. Your hair will feel so silky and smooooooooooth, ALL day. The scent of this product is so good I literally think I could curl up and die happy inside this bottle. Jasmine and rose, so relaxing and invigorating. I use this so often that I only have about 1 centimeter left in my bottle. This can also be purchased a your local Aveda Salon, or here.
3. Kérastase V.I.P Volume In Powder. Dry Shampoo meets Medium Holding Hairspray… What more could a girl ask for!! This creates the best texture for second day hair and gives just the right amount of hold for tousled or structured styles. This doesn’t leave any unwanted residue (like most dry shampoos) and really helps to cut the second-third day grease. VIP also helps create volume so you can achieve your “Victoria’s Secret” hair goals. VIP is available here, or at your local Kérastase carrier.
4. Kérastase Masquintense Thick Hair. If you have dry hair or severe split ends, this stuff will save you! Especially in the dryer climates (I’m talking to you, Coloradans). I don’t know about you guys, but my hair could dry in 10 minutes by itself after getting out of the shower. Needless to say, we live in a drrrrrrrry state ladies. (also men, if you’re reading… HEY!) A little of this goes a very long way. Masquintense is one of the most moisturizing products I’ve ever used. It makes my hair feel like velvet. Every. Damn. Time. I’ve had the 200 ml tub since December and even with using it every day, I still have pretty much the entire tub left. Worth the price. Cant live without this. This can also be purchased at your local Kérastase Carrier, or here.
5. Unite LAZER Straight. Let me start off by saying Unite was one of the first product brands I got to work with when starting my Hairstylist Career. It is sulfur, sulfate, and sodium FREE. This product helps with straight blow outs, it is so moisturizing and conditioning, and it smells just like coconuts and vanilla. MM MM MM. Unite is so crafty that their website directs you to salons that distribute their products and where to buy online, ON THE SAME PAGE! Here it is. Thank you, Unite, for making my typing fingers do less copy and pasting. *insert smiley here*
I’d just like to take a minute to explain why stylists urge you to buy products in the salon. I know a lot of people get tired of paying salon prices on products, and that they would rather go buy them at Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, The Grocery Store, etc etc. But I would like to educate those people about this. All products sold in the stores listed in the previous sentence are black market products. What I mean by this is SOMETIMES people will purchase professional products then resale them on eBay, depot, whatever else – then they make it around to those stores. Other times, the products are completely and totally black market and have none of the original ingredients in the product. I’ve known stylists that have done tests on products found in convenient stores and the results aren’t the most wonderful. You get what you pay for! Always remember that we aren’t pushing the salons product for our own benefit, we are pushing for you. Get away from the Black Hair Market! Don’t go to the dark side!
stay sassy ladies.